Real Property Litigation
Guy P. Coburn has experience in a number of Real Property areas. These include:
· Landlord/Tenant, representing Landlords who are seeking to terminate a lease for failure to make payments, end of the lease or disruptive behavior.
· Landlord/Tenant, representing Tenants who have Landlords who are failing to comply with their obligations under the lease.
· Community Association Law –Cooperative Associations ("Co-ops"), Homeowner’s Associations ("HOAs") and Condominium Associations – representing the Association itself or any member of the association regarding disputes about assessments or other issues that arise in these Associations.
· Litigation over real property disputes including breach of sales contracts, violations of guarantees or warrantees, fraud in the sale, etc.
· Issues involving the effect of a judgment lien on real property.
· How to exempt your homestead from a judgment lien, so you can sell your home and buy another. If you or your spouse have a judgment against you, you can avoid the judgment lien to sell or re-finance your home if it is your homestead.